First concerts at St Mary’s Church, Banbury, called “Children Singing for Children” in aid of Save the Children Fund. Started at Christmas…
Amanda is an Associate Principal Lecturer in Primary Education at Leeds Trinity University, where she specialises in teaching English at…
Christian Schiller was born on the 20th September 1895. He went to a prep school and then to Gresham’s School where he was head boy…
Why join NAPE?
Click HERE to download our “Value of Membership” document.
You can change your membership details and see your renewal date by clicking here
DOWNLOAD PRIMARY FIRST TODAY!
CLICK HERE to download the latest journal.
THE WAY WE WORK FOR PRIMARY EDUCATION
The National Association for Primary Education (NAPE) brings together everyone who has a concern for the learning of children from birth to 13 years. Members and affiliated schools work to improve education through the Early, Primary and Middle Years.
- All are welcome as members; Heads, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parents, School Governors. Inspectors, Administrators and entire School Communities.
- Members have an important voice exercised democratically. We influence public opinion and regular meetings are held with government ministers. The association is totally neutral politically.
- There are meetings of members both locally and nationally. Local associations can be formed.
- Conferences and workshops are arranged both locally and nationally.
- The association is administered by an elected National Council meeting termly to review progress and discuss national issues. Detailed administration is delegated to an Executive Committee which reports to the Council.
- NAPE is a prominent member of the Primary Umbrella Group which brings together all organisations working in the primary sector including subject associations and unions. This is a new and rapidly developing field of work which is facilitating cooperation and partnership.
- All aspects of education are experienced by children in their primary schools and we have strong links with subject associations. We often engage in cooperative ventures with them.
The National Association for Primary Education speaks for young children and all who live and work with them.
Join the Conversation on Social Media
NAPE Initiatives for Schools
We are delighted to announce our involvement with Easyfundraising. CLICK HERE to find out more.