The National Association for Primary Education
NAPE are pleased to inform you about these exciting and important conferences taking place in London. Please click the links for more.
Our Mission Statement
We strive to raise the profile of primary education and to achieve a higher priority in the nation’s consideration of education and the allocation of human and other educational resources. The association is dedicated to the view that the quality of the growth and development of children between birth and the age of 13 is vitally important to the achievement of successful learning and happiness in later life.
Above all we are committed to the protection and fostering of the natural characteristics of childhood. Young children are not merely preparing for life they are living life at a never to be repeated time and the best way to learn is to live.
THE WAY WE WORK FOR PRIMARY EDUCATION
The National Association for Primary Education (NAPE) brings together everyone who has a concern for the learning of children from birth to 13 years. Members and affiliated schools work to improve education through the Early, Primary and Middle Years.
- All are welcome as members; Heads, Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Parents, School Governors. Inspectors, Administrators and entire School Communities.
- Members have an important voice exercised democratically. We influence public opinion and regular meetings are held with government ministers. The association is totally neutral politically.
- There are meetings of members both locally and nationally. Local associations can be formed.
- Publications include NAPE NEWS, NAPE Debate and the journal, Primary First, together with policy statements from time to time.
- Conferences and workshops are arranged both locally and nationally.
- The association is administered by an elected National Council meeting termly to review progress and discuss national issues. Detailed administration is delegated to an Executive Committee which reports to the Council.
- NAPE is a prominent member of the Primary Umbrella Group which brings together all organisations working in the primary sector including subject associations and unions. This is a new and rapidly developing field of work which is facilitating cooperation and partnership.
- All aspects of education are experienced by children in their primary schools and we have strong links with subject associations. We often engage in cooperative ventures with them.
The National Association for Primary Education speaks for young children and all who live and work with them.
NAPE Initiatives for Schools
We are delighted to announce our partnership with easyfundraising. This great service gives you a free way to raise money for your school by shopping online. CLICK HERE to find out more.